In recent years, in the beverage industry, carbonated beverages have continued to shrink, while the share of sugar-free beverages has increased significantly.
- In China, the "Sugar, Tobacco and Alcohol Weekly" report shows that the sales share of sugar-free carbonated beverages in China increased from 2.2% in 2017 to 6.2% in 2019.
- In the international market, according to Mintel statistics, from 2012 to 2018, the compound growth rate of the number of sugar-free/low-sugar products in Latin America and the Asia-Pacific region was 27% and 19%, respectively.
- Low-sugar/no-sugar sweetener products are popular all over the world, and stevioside is a typical representative. According to a report released by Research and Markets, the global stevia market will reach 570 million U.S. dollars in 2020 and is expected to reach 1.0 billion U.S. dollars by 2027.
In fact, it is not just beverages, but the trend of sugar-free in the food sector such as candy and catering is becoming more and more obvious, and sugar-free products are more popular among young consumers.
And behind this is the comprehensive awakening of the new generation of consumers' health awareness. According to IFIC and Greenwald & Associates.In the 2019 survey, the proportion of people trying to limit and avoid sugar intake in their diet reached 80%.
In addition, the increasing prevalence of diabetes worldwide has also promoted the growth of market demand for sugar-free/low-sugar products. According to the IDF DIABETES ATLAS Ninth edition 2019 released by the International Diabetes Federation (IDF), the number of diabetes patients (20-79 years old) worldwide in 2019 has reached 463 million. It is expected It will increase to 578 million and 700 million by 2030 and 2045.
Foodchem Global Live | 16:00-17:00 on April 27th
With its leading R&D capabilities and supply chain advantages, Foodchem Group provides sugar-free application solutions for customers in the global food and beverage industry. From 16:00-17:00 on April 27th, Beijing time, Foodchem will conduct the first live broadcast on Facebook, launching the world's most popular "sugar-free application" theme.
The main contents of this issue are as follows:
- Sugar-free application trends in the food and beverage industry
- Popular brands of sugar-free application products in the world
- On-site display of popular sugar-free products
- Live lucky draw ($10,000)
In the live broadcast, Foodchem's senior sugar-free application experts Rick and Charles will face you to analyze the sugar-free trend of the food and beverage industry, and show live demonstrations of popular products such as zero-calorie sugar, erythritol, stevia, and compound sweeteners. For sugar products, a discount of 10,000 US dollars worth of rewards will be drawn on the live broadcast. Stay tuned!
From 16:00-17:00, April 27th, Beijing time, Foodchem's global live broadcast room will meet you on Facebook. We will be there!